justanotherbookguy

justanotherbookguy

Hurt: Inside the World of Today's Teenagers
Chap Clark
The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America
Erik Larson
Law and Gospel: How to Read and Apply the Bible
C.F.W. Walther

Jesus Manifesto

Jesus Manifesto - Leonard Sweet I just finished up this book and I have to say it is one of the best Religion based books I have read in a long time. I read a lot of books in this genre because I work at a church so I like to keep up with what's coming out.

I think the greatest thing about this book is the simplicity of it. The message, at least as I read it, was short and sweet: keep Christ as the center of your life and let Him live through you and in you. Now, that may sound stupid to many of you because we know that that is what we are supposed to be doing with our lives. But, how many of us are actually doing it. This book is a great wakeup call for Christians to examine their lives and take stock as to whether or not they are truly doing this.

The authors do a great job of keeping it moving and not trying to over explain everything. They pull in great quotes from some really well known sources and also from some obscure and surprising sources. There is not an overwhelming amount of deep theological discussion either. You can run into that sometimes in this genre.

This book was a homerun in my opinion. It is written well, gets to the point, and keeps you engaged. Plus, it has a great subject matter...Christ. This book is easily in my top 3 of this genre.

I would give this book a 5/5.